9/12/2011

Inspirational Exercise

During my runs, not only am I entertained by my iPod, I am visually absorbed in all the perfectly manicured River Oaks homes. It is the best scenery for my trots at twilight! During the evening, the dwellers of these attractive addresses light the eyes of their home with the most brilliant lamps that cast the prettiest glow within their richly decorated homes. They leave their custom drapes pulled back and plantation shutters open so the passers by can be in awe… and in my case, snap photos! I captured a few on my past couple of runs that I fancied the most. They are the more unpretentious homes of this ritzy Houston area. Perhaps tomorrow I will run the gamut and post some of the homes with prices tags in the tens of millions… oh ya.



The original home on this lot was torn down to build this contemporary casa. I appreciate modern, but it’s not my cup of tea. I love when homeowners maintain the integrity of their classically styled homes. They embrace the old architecture and update it by doing things like washing the bricks in gray and painting the shutters black.




Then there are homes like this… what are they thinking? Big fans of pastel primary colors are we? Just throw in a red door why don’t you? No matter how classic the colonial yellow and portsmouth blue color scheme is – it is still busted in my opinion. It reminds me of an Easter basket or a dated, nautical-costal-country look.



Love gray – but is this a home or Restoration Hardware?



I love the overgrown, English garden look. Running past this house was intoxicating… The sent of the ginger was so sweet-smelling.


Tastefully patriotic, presidential, classic American style… This home just oozes a hospitable charm.



No, this home is not abandoned. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment