10/09/2009

Wildin' Out

Sometimes, in life and in design, things can seem unruly and unsystematic. But only in the sweet, sweet world of design can those appellations be welcomed with a pleasant reception. My personal style typically leans towards the absence of clutter, but sometimes I find myself wildly drawn to outrageous décor.


I am actually really digging this room. I could live in and love it fo' sho'!



What is this?


I looooooove love love those black lacquer steps. Very sexy.


A splash of Moroccan flair from the gilded pieces and the orange, pink and red pillows with a hint of oriental style by means of the chinoesere wallpaper, a pinch of old Hollywood glamour from the tufted black velvet couch and a dash of traditional style from the classic arm chairs. That’s the recipe for a disastrous, I mean eclectic room.


Some heirloom pieces with a touch of glamour.
Very ladylike.



Domino Magazine, I miss you so.
I tore this page because I loved the kelly green chairs so much!



YOWZA!
It's impressive how one can create such harmony between wild pieces and color !

1 comment:

  1. I agree! In my own home, I like calm and neutrals. But I'm always so intrigued by the color, full rooms. Great example of that in these!

    ReplyDelete