10/01/2009

Stunningly Understated

Two of my favorite places to find eccentric home accessories are Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. I bought my chinoiserie duvet from Anthro- that I absolutely adore and my most favorite picture frame ever from Urban! A feeling of happiness overwhelms me when I walk into the Houston Anthropologie or when I load the Urban Outfitters web page (they mainly have clothes in their store). I knew there was some mad genius’ behind the scenes creating these inspired unconventional items, but I never knew who... until now. I was oh so captivated to learn that Urban Outfitters was the parent company of Anthropologie. And get this, the head antiques buyer of Anthropologie and the CEO of Urban Outfitters are a couple! Go figure! It all makes sense now!!!

You may not be surprised to find out that I think the apartment they share on the Upper East Side right off of Central Park is one of the most divine spaces I have ever laid eyes on. Their classic apartment has such a worldly feel. It’s truly spectacular. I love every single item in every single room, how is that even possible?! The images have me mesmerized; I can only imagine what it would be like to live in such an inspirited dwelling. I would be holed up in that nest… you couldn’t make me leave!

Eye catching! The low charcoal gray chair... that's the winner!

I never thought I would keel over for a buttery settee... pigs are flying.





Obviously the birdcage-esque lantern is my fave but that yellow earthenware pottery is fantastic as well. In our lovely showroom, we carry a variety of antique earthenware from the South of France. I am thrilled to see it in this space.


We also have a slew of antique bread boards in all shapes and sizes, just like the ones you see lying against the window. I would cook up a storm in that cozy little kitchen! All the while looking fab in an Anthropologie apron! ;)


I am trying to persuade my best friend to insist upon a set of copper cookware instead of "silver" silverware as a part of her wedding registry. They both cost several thousand... insist on gifts you'll use!


I can see my future in that vintage crystal lamp and it I think it's reading "DREAM ON ROBIN!"

Repurposing an old sculpture stand as a coffee table. Brilliant!

Subdue punk rock!

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour !
    first time i come across your blog, i wanted to invite you to check out my daily collage inspiration on my blog boubouteatime if you have some time, i hope you will like the visit :)
    a bientot !
    Bouchra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes copper pots would be much more useful:) I saw that chopping board and it made me think of this old chopping board that Marty has, it came from the governors mansion in Lousiana and is really neat but its pretty big, maybe you can help us think of a way to incorporate it in our new home.

    ReplyDelete