10/14/2009

Friendly Inspiration

My best friend is in the process of building a house with her fiancé and I know she is thrilled to be able to design her dream home. Who wouldn’t be?! She is unceasingly in search of inspiration that will give her ideas on how to incorporate what she loves into the new home. She tells me that her dream house will have a predominantly modern interior with a Spanish flair and a fully Spanish inspired exterior. The “Spanish flair” will provide ample possibilities for incorporating warmth and character to make their house a home. When I think of Spanish design vibrant Talavera pottery, aged Spanish doors, curvy wrought iron, mottled stucco and lustrous copper whelm my thoughts. Here are a few pictures that are sure to fire up the creative process.






















to be continued...

4 comments:

  1. is april going for a spanish or mexican vibe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the outside is more Spanish but alot of the stuff I have found for the interior; doors, tiles, ect. have more of a Mexican accent. I guess you could call it Latin inspired:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the way Robin, I love this blog, all the pictures are really beautiful, exactly the kind of stuff I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you love it Ape :)
    I have another entry idea for you!
    Stay tuned! lol

    ReplyDelete