10/16/2009

Delightful Desks

Glance around at your desk. What do you see? What does your place of work say about you? Are there tangles of computer and phone wires and Post-It notes stuck on every square inch of your monitor and desk (like mine, haha) or is it a pristine area with a simple flourishing plant and your fully charged, utilized Blackberry? Do you have countless pictures of your friends, family and travels or did you take the unfussy, less is more approach? Do you view your workstation as a place where mindless, mundane tasks take place or are you truly captivated by the space where you keep your nose to the grindstone? It is alarming to think that more hours of your day are presumably spent at your little work nook than curled up in your bed. So with that being said, if you loathe sitting at your desk don’t you think you should make it over into a space that you don’t mind devoting your day to? Have fun making your desk a definition of you. The inspired work spaces below are wonderful motivational tools!


I LOVE this industrial styled saw-horse desk.






This one is my favorite, totally me.
The Louis Ghost chair by Philip Stark is on my "most wanted/must have" list...
I would prefer the desk from pic #19 so my legs have somewhere to go... but I could deal :)
I'll take the Birkin bag too please!


THOSE WINDOWS!!!

AND THAT MIRROR!
omg, love it










This is pic #19 and the desk I am talking about.

Now get to work people!!!
:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that huge bay window! Amazing.
    So many lovely desks.

    My desk doesnt actually fit much on it...which is probably a good thing really! It isnt facing a window so I placed a large mirror that is opposite the window so I get a lovely view of all the huge trees.

    I 100% need more inspiration on the walls around the mirror though, so many frames so little time though!

    Here is my desk = http://eloisaandabelard.blogspot.com/2009/09/attention-to-detail-home-offices.html

    Interesting post.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete