9/14/2009

A Vintage Crafting Haven


Crisp and clean and full of personality... this room is boss! :P
Of course I love it, its designed by Vanessa De Vargas , she can do no wrong.
The work table is so rustic and intrinsically beautiful, "the more knots the better," I say. It's the imperfections of a piece of wood that make it so stunning, and I love it when artisans really exploit that natural beauty. I can't tell for sure, but I think there is a high gloss lacquer finish on the pictured table. I am big into lacquer - the shinier the better. It is undeniably my favorite finish (lacquer lover, thats me!). I call it a piano finish because I can't think of anything shinier than a baby grand. I would love to set something up like this in my (future) garage. I would stain the concrete a pretty shade of amber, throw a stunning hair on hide on top of the concrete to give myself something soft to walk on and I would wire some Bose speakers so I could loose myself in all my fav artists while I do crafts till my fingers fall off!!! Now, I need to start searching for a great deal on a vintage library catalog. What cooler way is there to store your paint brushes, beads, watercolors, glues, ect... I love it! So out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment