9/11/2009

My Love Affair with Grey

This room is the reason for my love affair with grey. Vanessa deVarga’s designs are truly one of a kind, she is amazing. I’ve never seen anything quite like them.

The overall all eclectic design of mixing the old with the new and the the wildly ornate (like her vintage gold mirror from Wertz Brothers) with a minimalist approach (suggestive of her white Ikea console) – it’s been done before, I know. However, there is something about the way she spins it. It’s just different. Her work translates to photo brilliantly and I am sure it is even more stunning in real life.

There is such a sense of freedom when you approach design with no set “style.”
Paint color: Sparrow by Behr
Lamps: Urban Outfitters
Vintage ottomans: The Opportunity Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment